Right and Wrong still matter – I don’t care what anyone says.

From Wikipedia.com…

Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes. In ethics, integrity is regarded as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one’s actions.

Somebody basically molests your significant other – you confront that somebody, then that somebody takes a swing at you and nails you in the throat.

Today’s worthless society thinks the ‘right thing to do’ would be walk away.

Thank you sir – hit me again, and continue to grope my significant other while you’re at it.

The society my parents grew up in would disagree.  I raised my hand in anger to my grandmother once – not to hit her (we’re Italian, we talk with our hands, read the memo) – I was about 20 – 21 at the time.  The old man beat the ever living shit out of me – he was about 70 – 75 at the time.

It doesn’t matter when you will win or lose – it’s not the point.  There is such a thing as Right and Wrong in this world – and when Wrongs are done, they must be challenged and addressed accordingly, irregardless of the outcome.

I’m not budging on that.  Hate me all you want.

Posted in Society and Darwinism | Comments Off

Dueling Banjos ? … No, Dueling Engineers…

(1:53:01 AM) John Perkins: http://www.movoto.com/il/3415-sangamon-st-steger/461_08054061.htm
(1:53:12 AM) John Perkins: my next door neighbors house
(1:53:16 AM) John Perkins: 25k$
(9:30:00 PM) poweredbydodgev8: “89 bucks per month” … i pay more for fucking internet access. jesus christ. you can’t buy a car for 25 grand… i should move in and apply for that job at at Chrysler’s Kokomo Indiana Engine plant. We could be rival engineers living next door to each other, and in secret build a hybrid “half Dodge / half Ford” vehicle of awesomeness and disaster.

Posted in Semi-Witty Banter | Comments Off

Gigi Spinelli

July 02, 1997 – April 20, 2012
– Good Dog –
Bad Puddy Cat

Being awoken from afternoon siesta by fat guy singing “Poopy Pants” song… (2010)

Slurrrrrrrrrrp… (2007)

slurp

Fat Yoda… (2005)

fat_yoda

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

The ‘State’ of the State’s Schools

National Public Radio reports: a New York State exam poses questions for students which require said students to analyse behaviour and utilize critical thinking / reasoning.  The concept, itself, seems like a good one – test students’ capacity for common sense.

For what it’s worth, we here at SC feel a child’s capacity for common sense should be instilled by their parents, hardened by their peers, and tested by society.  Common sense is just that – common, and using time and tax-dollars (which were set aside for education in Arts, Sciences, Mathematics, History, etc… the classic scholastic tenets) to this end is ethically unsound.

You can read the article, as available 04/20/2012, here…

NYS_8th_Grade_Elementary_Exam_-_Pineapple_Hare

Ultimately, we all – as well as the the children of the State of New York – may be dumber for having read that passage.

Posted in Society and Darwinism | Comments Off

Ever wonder WHY we bailed out the Auto Companies?

Have you ever wondered why the American government bailed out the big-3 automotive manufacturers (Ford [who passed on the loan] / GM / Chrysler) ?

The answer is pretty simple, and it has nothing to do with what you may have thought or assumed.  It’s been said that the auto companies were “too big” to fail – that their demise would crush the economy.  Maybe, maybe not.  It’s been said that liberal politicians and labor union chiefs put pressure on every person of power that they could, to exact this “special favor”.

Although the bailout lived under Democrat President Obama, it was born under Republican President Bush II.  Some conveniently forget that tidbit.

The real reason, as we see it, is that no matter any President of Elected Official’s political allegiance, they agree on one thing – the need for / value of America’s Military.  Of which, the ability of that Military to send down rain and fire upon anyone or anything of it’s choosing is highly dependant upon it’s equipment and infrastructure.

While smaller battles and mini-wars (referring only to the -size- of the conflict, there is no intent to diminish the importance of it, or of the lives lost in fighting it) in Iraq and Afghanistan are supplied by various independent manufacturing firms / sources; should an allout war on the scale of WWI / WWII, or any substantial conflict on or near American soil come to fruition, these firms do not have the capacity to output the monstrous provisions required.

There is, however, one very reliable source for manufacturing just about anything…

The same people and equipment that built this…

Chrysler Desoto 0

… well they also built this …

Chrysler Desoto 1

… and this …

Chrysler Desoto 2

… and this …

Chrysler Desoto 3

… and this too …

Chrysler Desoto 4

It’s a liability plan – should all hell break loose, where else would America’s Military turn for supplies?  To offshore manufacturers?  … that’d be terribly hard (and confusing) if the U.S. were at war with them.  Think we’re wrong?  … well, you’re entitled to your opinion – then again, so is Fox News.

***** All images from / property that cool-mamm-jamma, Dave Zatz, over at www.AllPar.com *****

Posted in Science and Technology, Society and Darwinism | Comments Off

OpenOffice dot Org – WTF happened?

Late 2011 – Oracle, those megalomaniacs that they be, went and dumped OpenOffice dot Org onto the Apache Software Foundation.  Why?  We really couldn’t tell you ‘why’, at least not for certain.

But, if we had to guess, it would be that the bulk of the programmers / contributors who “knew their shit” jumped ship to Document Foundation.

Document Foundation is the group of people formed to build and protect the fork of OpenOffice dot Org code that occurred when Oracle went to Cyber War with the OpenOffice contributors (comprised of former Sun, then Oracle employees / community members / and others).  Take a shit on nerds, and they’ll shit right back – directly in your face.

So now Oracle, without any internal steam to push OpenOffice figured it would cut its losses and (in a manner of speaking) write it off on their moral taxes.  How so?  Easy – donate the whole project and basecode to the Apache Software Foundation.  Now, Oracle can look like a benevolent contributor to the open source community (even though they’re far from it – the only stuff worth running that they give away is stuff they hijacked from Sun Microsystems… Java / MySQL / OpenOffice / Virtual Box – and of course what they recompiled from Red Hat’s code: ‘Oracle’ Enterprise Linux – if Oracle wasn’t legally required to give away these tools, we doubt there’s a snowball’s chance in hell that they actually would.  If anything, they’d try to sell it at 4-times the going rate).

What’s the hidden upside for Oracle?  The Apache Software Foundation’s Licensing terms are different from the GNU GPL.  In fact – the GNU GPL version 3 is what you might call “too Bill Clinton” for Oracle; and their move to the ASF and it’s licensing model will be interesting, as it’s a bit more “Ronald Reagan / Trickle Down Software Economics”.

We’re curious about one thing here at SC… can it even be done?  Can a piece of software licensed under the GNU GPL change ownership of copyright (Sun, to Oracle, and now to the Apache Software Foundation) and in doing so be allowed to change it’s License Model?  Questions of legality and ethics abound.  Certainly not questions of morality – we feel it’s wholly a-moral.  Ethics and morals are about as far divorced as as small block Ford and a Hemi-Cuda, so don’t mistake that.

This will be interesting….

For your enjoyment, here’s an excerpt from the apache.org mirrors mailing list that we received the other day…

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:30:13 +0100
Subject: Re: openoffice at apache.org
From: Sergey Ivanov <mirrors@skazkaforyou.com>
To: mirrors@apache.org

Please also opt out apache.skazkaforyou.com – we also would not be
able to survive such traffic.

Thank you.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM, James Miller
<jmiller@parentinginformed.com> wrote:
> Traffic would be a problem for us (apache.parentingamerica.com), so I
> would like to opt out as well.
>

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Victor Raff <mirrors@raffsoftware.com> wrote:
>> Then I would definitely like to opt out…

>>> Hi All,

>>>  This is what we want to find out ; if very many mirrors have
>>>  a problem, we can look at making openoffice optional for
>>>  mirrors.
>>>
>>>  But, for now (for this poll), let us know if you have a
>>>  problem with having “Apache OpenOffice” on your mirror.
>>>
>>>  I will assume that sites that indicate “I have a problem”
>>>  would like an “opt-out” ; and that sites that indicate
>>>  “I would like an opt-out” will have a problem (and leave)
>>>  if/when there isn’t going to be an “opt-out”.
>>>
>>>  Remember: nothing is decided yet ; the goal of this poll
>>>  is to find out what the best policy is.
>>>
>>>  Regards,
>>>
>>>  Henk Penning
>>>
>>> ———————————————————   _
>>> Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta

Posted in Science and Technology | Comments Off

A note from Johnny Turbo

Long time friend of SpinelliCreations and ‘adjunct professor of awesomeness’, Johnny Turbo, has come up with a perpetual energy / perpetual motion machine.

See, below, the greatness.  This is right up there with “let’s use air to generate vacuum, and then we can use the vacuum to generate electricity”…

catbread

Posted in Science and Technology, Semi-Witty Banter | Comments Off

Just a note to tide you by…

We here at SpinelliCreations Headquarters – deep in the annals of Mole City, where there’s no light, only the sounds of keyboard keys clicking and clacking away, and over-built Chinese knockoff Scooter engines revving…

We’ve been busy.

Massive updates to the following are on the way:
– SEER (version 1.5 official release has been ready for a while – 1.5.2 is on its way [may skip to *3]).
– mod_OpenOPC – handles memory better; a lot better. We’ve officially forked from OpenOPC, however, it’s a fork of convenience; and, if need be, we can un-fork (or ‘fork-back’, however you may call it). It’s just better – for us – for now. That said, the next version of OpenOPC (which whether included or simply backported for our use) will (read as “should”) include support for OPC-UA architecture. That’s a fat, dirty SHA-POW!
– syphon – tons of updates for WARRIOR integration.

In the next 18 months:
– Grade A Pasteurized compliance with the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (USA: NYS) on the way with RTU device code and instructions on how to live-sync a local to the machine (slave) and remote (company wide – master) mod_OpenOPC / SEER server for failover fault tolerance of mission critical equipment.

And for anyone that needs a little dose of inspiration in the mean-time…

ya - thats what he said

Posted in SC-Specific, Science and Technology, Semi-Witty Banter, Society and Darwinism | Comments Off

It’s Mopar or No-Car… Halftime America, Chrysler 2012

As of 2011′s Eminem impregnated Superbowl tribute to the city – and the country – that made the automobile, and industrial manufacturing as a whole, awesome (yes, awesome – worthy of ‘awe’, in the truest sense of the word) was not poignant enough; Chrysler backed that ad with action…

Under Sergio Marcionne, CEO Fiat SPA (parent company of Chrysler), they refurbished factories and flat out re-built others.  They’ve hired thousands of displaced automotive and skilled trades workers, and even the most loyal Mopar fan-boy will tell you that the Chrysler products of 2011 / 2012 / 2013 are leaps and bounds ahead of their predecessors.

What’s more, Sergio Marcionne and Fiat are not a greedy offshore entity – bent on sucking the lifeblood out of Chrysler and America.  Rather, they – a foreigner – came into Chrysler as a saviour; after American held Cerebrus had tanked the company face-first into the murky oil-bath that is bankruptcy.  Marcionne and Fiat did not need, nor necessarily want the American automotive market.  Rather, they saw it as an opportunity to fix something, right a wrong, and rebuild a once thriving company – and a once thriving culture. If they wanted the market, you’d see Alpha Romeo dealerships popping up every 5 blocks, and vehicles built with Chrysler designed components being sold in direct competition with Chrysler vehicles.  The profits of Chrysler (Dodge / Jeep / Chrysler / Mopar / etc…) are re-invested in Chrysler.  Gone are the days of Daimler-Benz skimming Chrysler profits, bleeding the division dry to funnel funds, R-n-D, and personnel up the chain to Mercedes.  Quite the contrary, joint efforts between Fiat and Chrysler to build commonly beneficial designs have been just that – joint, and commonly beneficial.  The same goes for Fiat’s other pet projects – Ferrari and Alfa Romeo.  Rumor has it the 2013 Dodge Viper will – in no uncertain words – be powered by a drivetrain that’s been re-designed by Chrysler’s Skunkwerks (SRT group), and reviewed / tweaked by Ferrari.  This is not bullshit.  This is the rebirth of an American Legend, with a little help from some Daego Motorheads…

Nothing embodies this state of being, and this philosophy, more than Mamma Mopar’s 2012 Superbowl ad, featuring the beloved Clint Eastwood – speaking heartedly about a subject he holds very dear in his elder years… his country, his people, and the legacy that his generation will leave behind.

If you’re wondering how much the raspy-voiced hero of yester-year was paid for his appearance… not a plug nickel.

Chrysler and Fiat Chief Executive Officer said that Eastwood had directed the payment he would have received for the ad to go to charity.

Marchionne said that gesture gave the advertisement credibility – “So this was not done for financial reasons. There was not a single doubt in my mind that when he spoke on the commercial he was expressing his views”.

Normally, we frame videos at 340 pixels by 290 pixels… we’re going to enlarge this one, just because it’s worth it.

Posted in Science and Technology, Society and Darwinism | Comments Off

Squirrely-wrath, may you fall squarely upon the Non-Religious Religious.

We here at the wonderful world of SC have always had a special place in Hell reserved for the Non-Religious Religious. These are the Bible / Koran / Torah / Lavar Burton Reading Rainbow Book of the Week – thumping, single minded simpletons who, in one breath, will tout the necessity of morality, religion, and adherance to such in not only the life of the individual, but the life of the state / country / world. In the next breath, they’ll cry out for the death of Abortion Clinic Doctors, an end to Social Welfare Programs, and tell every needy person they see “GET A JOB”.

If you’re wondering if this is “you”, we can’t answer that – since we don’t know you. However, as a guide / watermark, we’ll provide you with a list of some people who qualify as the Non-Religious Religious (based upon their public statements).
– Sean Hannity and you can’t have my Crumbs
– Rush Limbaugh-ger Cheese
– Sarah Palin, soccer mom by day, blow up doll by night
– Herman Cain who killed Able
– Newt Gingrich that Stole Christmas
– Michele Bachman Turner Overdrive

On behalf of every sound-minded human being on the face of the earth, may we cite the following (and you can convert this over to whatever your religion is, so that it suits your needs…):

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).

Translation for the Non-Religious Religious… It is not -your- job to police the world. Your God will do that for you. Your job is to show, to even the lowliest of worthless beings, the love and compassion of God. This covers all bases, as if you are correct (and the person is evil / against God), then God will smite them as He sees fit. If you are wrong (and the person is actually not evil / not against God – and you’re just a complete bumbling moron), then you’ve done no harm to that person, and simply shown them the goodness that a God-fearing person can sow.

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble (1 John 2:9-10).

Translation for the Non-Religious Religious… This is somewhat of a reference to other themes, but – generally – you do not save yourself. Your exclamation of being ‘of faith’ / ‘just’ / ‘whatever’ is meaningless. What is in your heart and is reflected in the actions you take toward others cannot be hidden from your God. And as sure as He will forgive even the most wretched evil person that ever lived – because He has both the heart and the massive balls to do so – he will smite your prideful / two-faced / WASP ass.

So, onto our article…

The Susan G.  Komen for the Cure foundation has, for a while now, been a strong supporter of Breast Cancer (and Cancer in general) treatment/cure research.   Since it’s 1982 inception, Komen for the Cure has funnelled around $2 Billion US Dollars, in over 50 countries, to research / education / advocacy / health services / and social support programs related to Breast Cancer.  With over 100,000 volunteers, it is heralded as the gold standard among such types of organizations, but they’ve now come under a tidal wave of squirrelly-wrath due to what we can only call “The AssHat Move of 2012″.

Strictly speaking, this move dates back to late 2011, but that’s neither here-nor-there.  Late in the year, the foundation dropped support for research based upon the use of stem-cells in fighting / curing Cancer.  Scuttlebutt says this was under heavy Political pressure from the Tea-Party / Conservative Right.

Then, fast forward to January 2012, Komen for the Cure picks up a new VP of Public Policy.  This rocket-surgeon was a failed candidate for Governor of the great State of Georgia, and during her campaign stated that she was against the mission of Planned Parenthood, and pledged to cut funding for the Breast and Cervical Cancer screenings that the Planned Parenthood clinics provide.

Why does this matter?  Think now … in many communities, the underprivileged rely upon Planned Parenthood for a million other things besides birth control.  In fact, Planned Parenthood’s “name” is somewhat misleading, as a massive amount of their time / energy / funds are devoted to providing regular run-of-the-mill medical care to low-income women.  Think of it like a Pizza Parlor – sure, they sell pizzas, but they also push out a metric ton of subs / sandwiches, tacos, antipasto salads, chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, spaghetti, eggplant casseroles, fish fry, and more.

Mix this with the fact that the Komen founder is Bush-ie, and it’s no surprise that the foundation cut off funding / grants to Planned Parenthood, which provided funds for Breast and Cervical Cancer screenings / support.  The foundation did, of course, not cite this as their driving reason, but rather an internal policy not to support agencies that are under government audit, which – at the time – Planned Parenthood was being audited.  Be advised, however, that this policy was not created until Karen Handel was brought in as a Senior VP.

D’oh!

Rumor has it that this has all been un-done in the past few days, and that Komen for the Cure is once again honoring it’s grants to Planned Parenthood – but we’ll see how long that lasts without the squirrelly-wrath of the public pounding down upon their doorstep.

Viral video is one way to spread the word and initiate further squirrelly-wrath, and one lady has done it in a manner that is beyond reproach – we’d challenge anyone to take issue with her, or her statement.  It is powerful, poignant, and honest.  Not a whole lot you can do other than agree with her…

– Linda: you may have lost your sweater puppies, but ,if we were your husband, we would be walking the earth with an enormous un-relenting hardon; because your courage to be shameless, to remain ‘you’, and to do the RIGHT THING at a time when everybody else wants to do the EASY THING… well that just makes us hot, horny, and proud.

Posted in Society and Darwinism | Comments Off